Liberty Fellowship - logo



about us


Liberty Fellowship is an Assembly of God church. In 1923 a young Portuguese evangelist came to Atwater and rented a hall and had revival meetings. It is reported that a lot of the people from the Catholic Church attended and many of them were saved and some were filled with the Holy Spirit. When the meetings were over there were 38 people that had been saved. The evangelist's name was Manuel Sequerra.

Many of the old records are missing, but this group of people did form a church at the corner of Fifth St. and Grove Ave. The church was called The Full Gospel Tabernacle of Atwater. Bro. Manuel Sequerra pastored this church for a number of years. In 1940 they petitioned The Assemblies of God in Springfield, Missouri to become known as The Assembly of God Church of Atwater.

The church continued to grow and prosper and it was easy to see that the small church was just not going to serve the needs. They did some building onto the church and decided that they were going to have to build a larger church.
On April 22, 1957 they purchased land on the corner of Shaffer Rd. and Juniper Ave. making a total of 5 acres. A new church was built and they moved in the fall of 1958.

On October 16, 2005 the name of the church was officially changed from Assembly of God Church of Atwater to Liberty Fellowship. This was done to reflect the move of the Holy Spirit and the freedom that is experienced during the services. The motto and the focus of Liberty Fellowship is: "Restoring Lives One Person at a Time." This scripture is our focus: 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty ."


Home  | Guest  |  Staff  |  Media  |  Calendar of Events Service Times  |  Ask About Jesus  Daily Devotion  |  Sunday School   Kids Church  |  Contact Us|

About Us  |  Youth | Men’s Ministry | National Girls Club | Royal Rangers | Senior Ministry | Women’s Ministry | Widowed Warriors


2012 All Rights Reserved ©

Website Design by Finality Graphics